Classified Listing Info
Surgical Referral Service
Paul Aldridge qualified from Liverpool in 1995 and took a job in mixed practice in Preston, and has lived in Fulwood ever since.Paul Aldridge BVSc Cert SAS MRCVSwill be working with the Rowan Veterinary Centre to provide local referral options in the newly built Freckleton practice.
In 2000 Paul moved to a large hospital based practice In Manchester, where he obtained his RCVS Certificate in Small Animal Surgery & developed a busy surgical referral caseload, dealing with orthopaedic, soft tissue and emergency cases.
We aim to provide a non-specialist referral service, where surgical cases that cannot be managed in your practice can be treated by an experienced surgeon with access to appropriate instrumentation and equipment at extremely competitive prices.
Rises in specialist referral centre fees have left treatments beyond the means of many clients, especially those that are uninsured, or have insufficient policy limits. We see ourselves filling the gap between first opinion practice and specialist centres, being able to offer realistic, affordable treatment options for the majority of surgical cases, and without the need to travel out of the local area. We can tailor treatment options to suit the patient and the owner.
We are realistic, we realise some procedures and work-ups do need specialist attention; if we feel that this is the case we will say so.
- To be a local, friendly and approachable centre.
- Offer efficient communication.
- Be reasonably priced: Affordable to the majority of clients.
- Led by an experienced surgeon, with a certificate in small animal surgery;
- Supported by diploma qualified nurses.
- Give estimates and advice freely.
- Provide advice on x-rays.
Cases will be managed at the purpose built Rowan Veterinary Centre in Freckleton which has excellent facilities, including two designated surgical theatres.
We have invested in equipment to ensure cases are managed to the best of our abilities. Current equipment includes air tools (drills, saws, air burr etc), ASIF kits, external fixator kits, TTA kits, diathermy and digital radiography, with plans for many more additions in the near future.
Examples of the procedures that we can offerOrthopaedic:
- Fractures; including open, complex, articular, growth plate, shearing injury;
- Cruciate disease management: TTA, TPLO, Extra-capsular techniques;
- Management of patella luxation;
- Management of traumatic joint luxation: hip toggle etc;
- Lameness work-up;
- Management and correction of angular limb deformity.
- Tumour resection and reconstruction;
- Wound management; axial skin flaps, grafts etc;
- Head and neck surgery: Ears, airway, thyroidectomy etc;
- Abdominal surgery; diaphragmatic rupture, gastrointestinal, biliary, extra-hepatic portosystemic shunts etc;
- Perineal surgery;
- Urinary surgery: nephrectomy, urethrostomy etc;
Please refer to the case studies found linked on this web site for more information on such procedures.
How to arrange a referral
Urgent referrals should be made by telephone: 01772 639800.
- Practice Description
- We are a small animal practice